Whether you’re hosting a viewing party with your projector or just wanting to watch with a screen that matches the large audio, here are the best soundbars for projectors.
Having decent sound can truly change your viewing experience, creating a much more intense, immersive, home theatre setup.
Large, projected movies need to be watched with a large, immersive cinematic sound. Throw the ultimate projector watch party with the perfect, matching sound. From deep, rumbling bass and 3D surround sound, you’ll feel like you’re actually in the movie.
- Best Soundbar for Projectors In 2022
- 1. Sonos Arc – Editor’s Pick As Smart Soundbar for Projectors
- 2. Klipsch Cinema 600 Sound Bar 3.1 – People’s Pick
- 3. SAMSUNG 5.0ch S60A S Series Soundbar – Updated Pick For Soundbars Compatible With Projectors
- 4. Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-slim TV Sound Bar – For Premium Sound Quality
- 5. JBL Bar 2.1 Channel Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer – For Performance Pickers
- 6. Bose Smart Soundbar 300 – Trust & Reliability At Its Best
- 7. Sony HT-S350 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer – Blend of Durability & Sound Quality
- 8. LG SL5Y 2.1 Channel High Resolution Sound Bar – Powerpack Performer
- 9. Sony HT-G700 3.1 CH Dolby Atmos Soundbar – Atmos Technology for Quality
- 10. YAMAHA YAS-109 Sound Bar
- 11. Samsung HW-N850 Soundbar – Perfect Value for The Money Soundbar For Projectors
- 12. Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro 7.1.4 Channel Soundbar – Best Budget Soundbar for Projector
- Amazing Secondary Features of Soundbars for Projectors
- FAQs – Best Rated Soundbars For Projectors
- 1. Do I need a soundbar for my projector?
- 2. Do I need a subwoofer for my soundbar for my projector?
- 3. Which soundbar should I get for my projector?
- 4. Do I need a projector to use my soundbar?
- 5. Can I control my soundbar and projector from my phone?
- 6. How much does a soundbar for a projector generally cost?
- 7. Where can I buy the best soundbars for projectors?
- 8. What to consider when buying a soundbar for a projector?
- 9. How to place the soundbar for a projector to get the best audio?
Best Soundbar for Projectors In 2022
1. Sonos Arc – Editor’s Pick As Smart Soundbar for Projectors
A brilliantly realistic sound, controllable in many different ways, from remote, voice control, or app. Dolby Atmos creates an immersive sound, perfect for large projector viewing with family and friends. Large sound to go with large projector screenings.
Tuned to perfection
Enhanced tune play technology is able to optimize the sound to fit the unique acoustics of your room, no matter where you set up your projector, the sound will surround you and match the scenes perfectly.
Sleek, beautiful design
The Sonos Arc is designed with an elongated shape, with both a soft profile and a seamless facade. This makes the soundbar mount beautifully upon your wall or sit seamlessly on your entertainment unit under your TV. No matter where you chose to place it, it will look great with its sleek design.
Movie night with the projector just got so much more simple. Amazon Alexa is built directly into the soundbar, so you can control exactly what you want to see or hear through voice control. Make projector parties simple, with no searching for lost remotes under all the cozy blankets.
- Dolby Atmos creates that 3D sound feels to create the ultimate movie night, projector atmosphere.
- Tuned to perfection for enhanced acoustics for any room so that you could take your home entertainment to the moon.
- Sonos app for easy control, manage everything directly from your phone
- Full HD video recording and playback, never miss a show again.
- Sleek, beautiful design that will belong in every room, whether you mount it on the wall or place it on an entertainment unit.
- Voice control for hands-free, simple control.
- Brand – Sonos
- Weight – 24.6 pounds
- Size – 3.4 x 45 x 4.5 inches
- Model – ARCG1US1BLK
- 3D sound for the ultimate listening experience. Extreme sound for extreme projector viewing,
- Automatic tuning for every type of viewing and listening
- Dolby atmos works amazingly well.
- App for phone control
- Voice control, no fighting over the remote during projector parties
- Sleek design, perfect for every living room
- Mounting bar not included
2. Klipsch Cinema 600 Sound Bar 3.1 – People’s Pick
Turn your projector viewing experience into a true home cinema feel. Match your audio with the large projection with the Klipsch cinema 600 soundbar 3.1
True left and right speakers create the perfect cinematic sound with a center channel and three dialogue enhancement modes to ensure you hear every whisper and detail through your projector viewing experience. With klipsch cinema you’d take your cinema-watching experience to a completely new level that’s for sure now.
No matter where you’re setting up your soundbar, it will always be simple. All you need to do is plug in the included HDMI cable to your TV or projector to experience the high-quality home theatre sound, no matter where you set up your projector, it’s always simple. Yeah, always with klipsch cinema for a reason.
And yeah, compatibility of HDMI Arc is a true cherry on the dessert here.
Not only do these soundbars sound good, but they also look good. They’re crafted with real wood material, making them look and sound like the signature series. Sleek and beautiful to compliment your living room with klipsch cinema. Yeah, klipsch cinema is known for its durable quality parts and materials.
Big, bad subwoofers
The Klipsch Cinema 600 soundbar comes with large, wireless subwoofers. Large, means clean and powerful bass erupting from the subwoofers. Wireless for easy, cord-free setups no matter where you’re watching. Yeah, it’s a soundbar with a built-in subwoofer and it does its job pretty much nicely.
- Additional subwoofer for cord-free, deep bass wherever you set up your projector
- 600W peak power to produce the best sound for you.
- Super simple set up, included HDMI cord makes plugin and go as simple as possible, set up your projector and soundbar wherever you please for the ultimate experience
- Virtualized sound for an immersive experience
- Dialogue enhancement modes to pick up on every whisper in the quietest of scenes
- Left and right speakers for that 3D sound with klipsch cinema
- Brand – Kilpsch
- Weight – 30.8 pounds
- Size – 50 x 20 x 17 inches
- Model – 1068777
- Super simple setup for projector viewing in any room of your house
- Complimentary subwoofers for easy placement without the worry of cords
- Dolby atmos is just a word for it’s power.
- 600W peak power
- Left and right speakers for the ear melting sound experience
- Dialogue enhancement so everyone watching can hear every word, no matter how quiet the speaking is
- Batteries not included – make sure you have some ready.
3. SAMSUNG 5.0ch S60A S Series Soundbar – Updated Pick For Soundbars Compatible With Projectors
Want to listen to every dialogue of your favorite movie with high clarity? Get the SAMSUNG 5.0ch S60A S Series Soundbar. The soundbar is designed in such a manner to fill your room with sound, which you can hear from any nook and corner of the room. Projectors work great with this soundbar!
Acoustic Beam technology
The dual-sided horn speakers in this soundbar will deliver such rich sound quality that can fill the entire space of your room. The soundbar is equipped with Acoustic Beam technology to produce great sound range and quality audio when connected to TVs or projectors.
SAMSUNG 5.0ch S60A S Series Soundbar comes with built-in Alexa to enhance your audio accessing experience. You will need an Amazon Echo device to utilize Alexa. You can play your favorite, ask for weather updates, skip songs, and do many more of your desired activities through the built-in Alexa.
Powerful bass & sound optimization
You can expect deep bass from the soundbar, which also optimizes sound effects and enhances dialogue clarity according to the type of content you are playing. You can use the compatible wireless subwoofer to utilize the powerful bass of the soundbar.
- The modern and aesthetic design will fit perfectly in any kind of room or space
- Built-in Alexa to play your favorite songs, get weather updates, etc., with ease
- Comes with a dedicated center channel speaker to deliver dialogues in high clarity
- Samsung’s dual-sided horn speakers and Acoustic Beam technology will deliver a kind of sound that will fill your whole room
- You can stream music via iOS devices through Airplay 2 feature
- Supports Wi-Fi connection to stream music effortlessly
- Brand – Samsung
- Weight – 6.6 pounds
- Size – 4.9 x 30.1 x 2.7 inches
- Connectivity – Bluetooth / Wi-Fi / HDMI
- Supports wireless connection via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Delivers quality sound with powerful bass effects
- Voice assistant Alexa will support effortless access
- Comes with Airplay 2 feature for iOS devices
- The minimalistic design will suit modern living rooms
- High-quality sound with clear clarity fills your entire room
- No DTS Virtual sound feature
4. Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-slim TV Sound Bar – For Premium Sound Quality
Performance tuned true sound produced by Dolby Digital decoding creating incredible, roof-filling surround sound to perfectly match the projector filmed screened on your wall. Every person viewing the projector will hear every word spoken (or whispered) with the Polk Adjust Technology, customizing the voice levels to ensure all dialogue is crisp and clear. Yeah, you’ll get sound quality that you’d not expect at this price.
Compact, Built-in subwoofer
The included subwoofer will fill the room with deep, rumbling bass. Feel the action with the rumbles and be even more immersed in the projected movie. Wireless means easy placement, with no worry about cord placement.
Low profile design
The long, but ultra-thin Polk Audio Sigma s2 Soundbar means it won’t block your TV when placed on your entertainment unit. No sensors will be blocked, and no visuals will be disturbed. No matter where you place it, your projected video will not be blocked. Can also be mounted on the wall
All shows and movies projected with ultimate contrast and clarity. Works with both 4K, HD TVs, and of course projectors. Made even simpler with all HDMI and optical cables provided for the easiest setup and installation possible.
- Ultra-thin, sleek design so your TV/projector is never blocked.
- Wirelessly stream music with Bluetooth connectivity for pre projector party sounds
- Simple and easy setup with all cords included in the packaging
- Wireless subwoofer for deep bass and cord-free for easy portability
- 5 powerful full-range drivers to deliver rich and best sound
- PolkAdjust technology to ensure you hear every piece of dialogue spoken, no matter how quiet.
- Doesn’t let you feel the absence of Dolby atmos or any other similar supporting facility
- Brand – Polk Audio
- Weight – 3.9 pounds
- Size – 3.22 x 35.43 x 2.125 inches
- Model – AM6214-A
- Lightweight and ultra thin for easy placement with no screen blocking
- Bluetooth connectivity for wireless music streaming straight from your phone
- 5 powerful full range drivers for ultimate, rich and clear sound
- Easy setup and connectivity done in minutes, with all cables included
- Performance-tuned perfect sound for room-filling audio with Crystal clear sound effects
- Limited customization
5. JBL Bar 2.1 Channel Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer – For Performance Pickers
Dolby Digital, JBL Crystal clear Sound to truly immerse you in your projector viewing experience. The wireless subwoofer provides deep bass to compliment the surround sound. Create the perfect at home cinema experience from the comfort of your own living room without even changing remotes as it pairs seamlessly with your current TV remote
300W of power
JBL sound with 300W of power output ensures your audio sounds crisp and clear, making all movie watching projector experiences as cinema-like as possible, completely controllable with your existing remote, so no need to learn new buttons
No matter what you’re watching, enhance the experience with deep bass. Complete convenience provided by being wireless, making placement completely flexible and easily movable. Yeah, wireless connectivity is something you’d always consider as a premium range feature but with this one of the best soundbars for projectors, it’s just one ideal feature they count for.
Providing the best range sound quality to its users is their key aim here with this best soundbar for projector.
Completely full-featured, including HDMI Arc input, AUX, and USB wired connections to ensure everything can be included in your home entertainment system. Perfect for all projector viewing experiences
- Slim profile for easy, non-restrictive placement
- 300W system power for crisp, crystal clear, & clean audio
- HDMI, AUX, and USB inputs to stream music from any input.
- Capable of producing a sound that’s expected even without Dolby atmos.
- Can be used with your existing remote, meaning no extra remotes to be added to your collection
- Wireless subwoofer for extreme bass to enhance your immersive experience
- Comes with Alexa voice control functionality.
- Brand – JBL
- Weight – 2.6 pounds
- Size – 38.19 x 27.56 x 23.62 inches
- Model – JBLBAR21BLK
- 300W system providing clear audio
- A perfect full range sound experience for an affordable price tag.
- Multiple inputs for full features with HDMI and optical connectivity.
- Completely controllable by your existing remote
- Slim, lightweight design for easy placement and movement
- Wireless subwoofer for deep, thunderous bass to enhance your viewing experience
- Truly compatible with Alexa voice.
- Batteries not included, have spares ready.
6. Bose Smart Soundbar 300 – Trust & Reliability At Its Best
Perfect for enhanced everyday sound, or turn up the bass and clarity for a more immersive projector viewing experience. Spacious sound and clarity delivered through the Bose smart soundbar 300, compatible with other Bose speakers for duel-speaker immersive listening.
Bose Voice4Video technology expands with your Alexa voice capabilities and built-in Alexa. Simple, hands-free voice control means what you say, is what you see. Change channels, adjust the sound or play and pause at any moment with nothing but your voice.
5 full-range drivers deliver a wide, clear, and crisp sound. Working perfectly for whatever you decide to stream through your projector. From Tv shows, movies, games, and whatever else you desire. Yeah, truly amazing sound quality that you can’t resist.
Just over 2” tall, meaning your TV won’t be blocked by tall soundbars, can also be wall-mounted to be kept out of the way.
Completely wireless means no messy cords getting in the way, keeping your living room looking clean and cord-free. And, with a small compact remote control with it, operations become buttery smooth. Moreover, you could connect it to your small TV using bluetooth and wi fi as well.
- Matte black design, super sleek and elegant
- Acoustic performance with 5 full-range drivers
- Built-in Alexa and Voice4Video technology for hands-free, Alexa voice control. No remote needed.
- Stream your favorite music via Bluetooth before your projector viewing commences
- Simple setup, Connected via an audio cable and a downloadable app for step-by-step instructions
- Expandable with other speakers for an even deeper sound experience
- Brand – Bose
- Weight – 8.09 pounds
- Size – 4.02 x 26.58 x 2.21 inches
- Model – 843299-1100
- Spacious, clear sound
- Matte finish for a sleek, aesthetic finish
- Bass and surround 3D sound for an immersive, viewing experience
- Controllable by both Voice4Video, Alexa voice, or the downloadable Bose app.
- Remote and audio cable included
- Bluetooth capability for playing your favorite music straight from your phone.
- Bass not as deep as other options
7. Sony HT-S350 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer – Blend of Durability & Sound Quality
Turn your projector nights into a home theatre experience with crystal clear audio and bass you can feel. With 1ch front sound, this soundbar creates high frequencies with the wireless subwoofer bringing the deep bass. Optimize your audio to match your projector, large and loud!
A truly amazing masterpiece sound bar is here from Sony, so let’s proceed further with it’s detailed encounter.
Coming in at 6.30 inches and a gallon volume of 6.16, this wireless subwoofer will be generating deep, rich, thunderous bass. Perfect for whatever you choose to watch. Wireless makes placement easy, not having to worry about and cords to be plugged in or tripped over. Yeah, full range sound won’t be a dream any longer as it’s soon gonna get true for you.
7 sound modes
That’s right, 7! Choose the sound mode to perfectly what you’re watching or listening to. From auto sound (let the soundbar figure it out!) to the cinema, gaming, music, sport, news, and lastly standard audio mode for best listening experience. Pick the mode to match the visuals.
We must say that sound quality is something that led us to include it among our list of the best soundbar for projector in the year of 2022.
Having a projector party with a group of friends, no matter where you choose to view (inside/outside!) hearing every word spoken can be difficult. With voice enhancement, this soundbar can isolate voice and amplify the dialogue over any background noise to ensure every word is heard with the best possible audio clarity from the soundbar.
- Wireless subwoofer for easy placement and no tripping hazard, generating powerful bass
- Virtual 3D sound technology via S-Force pro – bring the cinema to your living room
- 7 sound modes to perfectly match your audio with your visuals
- Voice enhancement so words are never missed, whether they’re whispered or shouted.
- Bluetooth streaming for hands-free streaming straight from your mobile phone.
- 320W power output for volume and clarity
- Brand – Sony
- Weight – 22.5 pounds
- Size – 41.02 x 20.35 x 9.8 inches
- Model – HTS350
- Variety of sound modes to match your audio with your visuals
- S-Force pro sound to bring the home theatre film to the comfort of your own home
- Wireless subwoofer to feel the deep bass without the cluttering of cords
- Batteries included in the packaging
- Bluetooth streaming for wireless connectivity from your phone
- Voice enhancement mode for clarity on every word spoken
- Always on surround sound, can’t be turned off
8. LG SL5Y 2.1 Channel High Resolution Sound Bar – Powerpack Performer
Complement your projector and home theatre with this high audio quality soundbar. Fitting in aesthetically with its sleek design but more importantly, filling your room with immersive sound audio to bring you more into the movie than you’ve ever been before.
And yeah, most importantly, being an LG product it’s fully compatible for LG TV systems by default.
Clear, real audio
Leading audio processing technology is able to provide extreme sound quality, surpassing anything your TV or projector can produce. Enjoy 24-bit/96kHz audio resolution. This is as close to the original sound that you can get. Feel like the audio is really happening around you. Yeah, top-class listening experience is the key here.
It’s never been easier to wirelessly pair your soundbar, Bluetooth connectivity provides a reliable connection from your soundbar to your TV, device, or projector. Easily connect via LG Sound Sync. Whether you’re pairing your soundbar or connecting your phone for a kitchen dance party while you cook.
Different genres and types of content have different audio profiles, this is why commercials tend to be louder than the show you’re watching. The soundbar automatically picks this up and will adjust accordingly to create the ideal audio experience, so no matter what genre you’re switching to, the audio will stay perfectly leveled. And yeah, all these could be done through remote control as well.
- 2.1 channel with 400W total power for crisp audio and sound effects
- Sleek design, complimenting your TV and projector
- Wireless connection to whatever you choose to pair it with, be it your TV or phone for music
- Clean and clear audio that sounds as realistic as possible, audio control so no matter what channel you switch to, the audio is automatically controlled.
- Useable through Alexa voice control.
- Brand – LG
- Weight – 16.9 pounds
- Size – 35 x 3.3 x 2.2 inches
- Model – SL5Y
- Sleek design, looks good on your entertainment unit
- Wireless, Bluetooth connectivity. No matter how you choose to use it
- best technical compatibilities to control the soundbar
- Realistic audio provided by audio processing technology
- Batteries included in the packaging, no last-minute trips to the store
- Audio control so there’s no sudden loud commercials
- Automatically turns off after 20 minutes of inactivity
- No surround depth from main unit, you must purchase additional speakers
9. Sony HT-G700 3.1 CH Dolby Atmos Soundbar – Atmos Technology for Quality
The perfect soundbar for crisp audio, or immersive surround sound. The simple click of a button will turn every show or movie your watching from your projector into a true at-home cinema experience with crisp room-filling sound audio coming at you from all angles. Created by three front speakers and unique signal processing to bring sound all around you.
And, before we proceed further with the review of this top-notch soundbar for projector, we’d like to state that Sony is something you should bet on blindly and it won’t still let you down.
Choose from different sound modes the match your entertainment. Dive deeper into your movie with the cinema mode, or engulf yourself in your favorite band with the music mode. If you’re watching late at night, flick on night mode to still hear every word spoken with clarity, all while keeping the volumes low as to not interrupt anyone sleeping.
And yeah, Dolby atmos is truly amazing in this best soundbar for projectors.
Take your projector watching experience to the next level with a wireless subwoofer, this delivers deep, powerful bass no matter what you’re watching/listening to. Make the action movies come to life around you as you feel every thunderous movement.
Choose which connectivity for your soundbar and projector works best for you. Connect completely wirelessly and cord-free with Bluetooth, or connect via an HDMI Arc, eARC, or optical digital input. However you want to connect your soundbar, the Sony HT-G700 has a way to do so.
Yeah, you get everything that you need to control the soundbar fully and dedicatedly.
- Vertical sound quality provided by 3.1 ch Dolby Atmos DTS:X
- An immersive audio enhancer to bring you deeper into the scene
- Wireless subwoofer for deep bass with no messy cords
- Sound modes to ensure the best sound quality matches what it is you’re watching/listening to.
- Multiple easy ways to connect, either wirelessly through Bluetooth or with a cable.
- 4K HDR pass through so your image quality matches your sound
- Operable using additional remote control or wi fi
- Brand – Sony
- Weight – 24.3 pounds
- Size – 38.6 x 4.38 x 2.63 inches
- Model – HT-G700//C E12
- Easily tell which sound mode your in with a written display on the soundbar
- High-quality visuals to match your audio with 4K pass-through
- An ultimate level of sound quality from a best soundbar for projector compatibility.
- An audio enhancer to provide an immersive sound experience
- Easily connect in multiple ways, whichever best suits you and your projector
- Sleek, moderns design to look great no matter where you place it.
- No streaming functionality
Yamaha makes much more than just bikes, guitars and racquets! The company makes some excellent soundbars too – and the Yamaha YAS-109 is one of the best options out there if you are planning on getting hold of a soundbar for connecting with your projectors. This soundbar makes sure that you get an intense audio experience, and when you’re projecting a movie in your home, you’re getting the right ‘cinematic’ kind of a sound experience as well. There’s just too much tech packed into this one, let us take a closer look:
Cinematic Audio in Your Home
The Yamaha YAS-109 is one of the best soundbars for projectors because it truly converts your home into a theater. If you are using a projector and looking for a soundbar, chances are that you want to use it for a home theater setup. The kind of thumping bass that this soundbar offers without using an external subwoofer truly makes it the perfect fit! The soundbar supports DTS Virtual: x Virtual 3D surround sound, which fills up your room with the sound.
The soundbar supports a ‘clear voice’ mode which can be switched on while watching content that comes with a lot of dialogues or conversations. It enhances the clarity and ensures you don’t miss any detail of what is being spoken. This also makes it a great speaker for listening to podcasts. However, when you pair this up with your projector, your home theater is truly complete!
There are six different modes that you can use depending on the content that you are consuming. These modes are – movie, music, stereo, game, sports and TV. The soundbar also allows you to control your bass extension to get an even heavier and more thumper bass if you wish to.
Easy to Set up, Easy to Control
Yamaha offers a mobile app as well which allows the users to set up the soundbar via their phone. This is perhaps the easiest way to set up any soundbar! Initially, there were complaints that the app is a little buggy and doesn’t work as intended. However Yamaha has since provided multiple updates to it and made it pretty smooth to operate. Talking of operating the sound bar, the remote is also pretty neat and comes with separate volume controls for bass and volume. The remote easily allows you to switch between Bluetooth, TV and HDMI connectivity.
Another great thing that we love about the Yamaha YAS-109 sound bar is that it allows you control via audio commands, thanks to Amazon Alexa, which comes built into it. This means you can control your speaker as well as your TV using just your voice and you don’t even need to use remotes. You can ask it to switch to your favorite TV show, or you can use it to set alarms, play music, etc.
Design, Wall Mounting and Warranty
The final set of things that we’d like to talk about include the design of this soundbar. Unlike many other soundbars which literally scream ‘hey look I’m a soundbar’, this one has a more minimalist sort of a build, which makes sure it provides you a great audio playback while just blending into everything around it and does not attract too much attention to itself. It can be placed in front of your TV and it can also be wall-mounted with ease. There’s a wall mounting guide that comes with the soundbar which makes it incredibly easy for people to do it themselves.
Lastly, the soundbar also comes with a 2-year warranty period. Some users have pointed out that this is a location-specific warranty and not a worldwide/global warranty so you just might want to keep an eye out for that while you make your purchase. However, Yamaha’s customer support is excellent in helping you with all your problems.
If you are looking for a high-quality soundbar for projectors which comes in at a price point that is not too high and carries all the modern features, this has to be it! We leave you with this one last surprise that we were saving for the end: this soundbar also comes with a free trial subscription to Amazon Prime Music Unlimited, allowing you to select and play all your favorite songs, whenever you want them, using just your voice!
- Carries dual subwoofers built-in
- Features six different modes: TV, Stereo, Music, Movies, Game and Sports
- Comes with built-in Amazon Alexa integration
- Can be controlled using remote as well as a mobile app
- Brand: Yamaha
- Weight: 9.95lbs
- Size: 2.08 x 5.15 x 35 inches
- Model: YAS-109
Pros and Cons of the Yamaha YAS-109
- The dual built-in subwoofer gives a nice and thumping bass
- Can be voice-controlled, comes with built-in Alexa support
- Can be connected using a number of different ways
- Wall mounting it is quite easy using the wall-mounting guide
- Controlling the soundbar is quite easy using the mobile app and remote
- Doesn’t store previously used sound settings every time it turns off
11. Samsung HW-N850 Soundbar – Perfect Value for The Money Soundbar For Projectors
Bring the cinema to your home, without ever having to leave your home!
This Samsung soundbar comes with 13 speakers, including both upward-firing and side-firing speakers to naturally produce that perfect sound quality. Hear the audio move around you as if you were really there in the movie. That’s where Samsung HW is providing a completely immersive feeling.
So now, without wasting time on further ado, let’s discuss some of the mind-blowing features and key capabilities of this top-rated soundbar that’s compatible with all ranges of projectors available on the market.
Sound from all angles
Using all 13 speakers and multiple different firing angles, the sound is naturally pushed around your room, even bouncing off your ceiling so you will hear audio from all angles, even up above. As we expect from one of the best soundbars for projectors, Samsung HW provides the best audio experience out of the box.
Wide range tweeter
Samsung HW soundbar’s wide range tweeter means that no matter where you’re viewing the projector from in your room, you will be able to hear clear, consistent sound. Perfect for larger projector parties with friends and family scattered all around the room.
Wireless music streaming
Start the party the right way with wireless music streaming straight from your phone. Connect your phone to the soundbar and press play. Clear audio will fill the air and you can dance the night away without ever having to use a cord.
- 13 speakers with 2 upward-firing and 2 side-firing for optimal sound.
- Alexa compatible with hands-free voice control, don’t worry about bringing your remote to the projector party.
- Sound crafted by audio masters so you know you’re getting the best sound possible.
- Wireless music streaming from your phone.
- Wide range tweeter, so no matter where you’re sitting you can hear perfect audio.
- Connect your Samsung HW soundbar via wireless connectivity or with a cable, however, you prefer.
- Brand – Samsung
- Weight – 18.7 pounds
- Size – 48.2 x 5.4 x 3.2 inches
- Model – HW-N850/ZA
- A perfect sound quality for that true immersive watching experience.
- 13 speakers and a wide tweeter range so audio will be heard no matter where you sit in the room.
- Samsung HW Works with Alexa for hands-free voice control or complimentary remote control.
- Sleek design to fit aesthetically into your living room.
- Audio masters have crafted the sound system.
- 4K pass-through for the ultimate visuals to pair with your ultimate sound.
- Controllable through Alexa voice & google assistant.
- One of the best soundbar for samsung smart TVs on the market.
- Batteries not included with Samsung HW soundbar
12. Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro 7.1.4 Channel Soundbar – Best Budget Soundbar for Projector
Unleash the full potential of your projector watching experience with surround sound performance. This soundbar features 3 advanced audio processing engines that work together to enhance the directionality of the audio. Let the audio flow around you as you sit back, relax and enjoy your high-quality home cinema viewing experience.
Without getting the sound quality that we expect from a best soundbar for projector, we were not going to include this one among our top picks. But, at last, we got surprised by it when we asked for people’s opinions who’ve already used it.
All in all, looking at the price it comes at, it’s one of the best win-win for you if you’re looking for a truly best budget soundbar for your projector.
2 way rear speakers
With two 2 way rear speakers providing spacious and dynamic sound. Constructed with a tweeter to produce high-quality frequencies with pure clarity delivering surround sound effects and full stimulated performance audio. The ultimate home cinema experience and the audio flow seamlessly around you.
With 3 advanced audio engines, the exclusive SEE technology brings a whole new level of surround sound experience. Hear your audio from all directions and hear every detail that may have otherwise been missed. With 7.1.4 channels of clear audio flowing seamlessly around you, you may never want to go to the cinema again.
High-performance speaker drivers
With upgraded high-performance speakers and a wide tweeter, this soundbar creates a 35% wider soundstage, meaning you can hear more no matter where you sit. Paired with a down-firing subwoofer, deep bass will shake your room for the ultimate immersive experience.
- Down firing wireless subwoofer leaves you feeling the bass
- Rear speakers provide intense, cinematic surround sound
- Large tweeter for a 35% wider soundstage, so everyone watching can hear no matter where they sit
- Backlit remote for easy use in the dark without the need of turning on lights
- 4K pass through so your audio can perfectly match your pristine visuals.
- Comes with a remote control operation capability as well as wi fi connectivity.
- Brand – Nakamichi
- Weight – 46.9 pounds
- Size – 45.5 x 3 x 3.5 inches
- Model – B087C5PR2Z
- Down firing subwoofer speakers to feel the bass
- Surround sound experience for ultimate immersion
- Wider soundstage provided by the large tweeter
- Backlit remote for easy control in the dark
- 4K pass-through for perfect visuals
- Batteries included in the packaging, no last-minute trips to the shops.
- No app to automate your own sound optimization.
Amazing Secondary Features of Soundbars for Projectors
Adding a soundbar to your projector will create an intense, cinematic sound to match the large projected picture.
When shopping for one of the best soundbar for your projector we assume you’re mainly planning on watching movies/TV shows and likely to be doing so with friends and family (as well as solo movie nights!) Therefore, the sound projection would be the most important feature to look for. Many soundbars come with secondary features, such as voice control and backlit remotes, whereas for a projector while this is handy, it’s not as impressive or important as full surround sound audio and deep, earth-shaking bass. Yeah, perfect sound quality is always a hard search here.
If you’re looking to view your film on such a large, projected screen you need the audio to match. Bring the cinema to your home and be the house everyone wants to be at when it comes to watching new releases, final episodes, and head-to-head matches. Yeah, it’s ideal expectations from a sound system.
Soundbars come in all different shapes and sizes these days, so if aesthetics is what you’re after you can find something that seamlessly blends into your living space. Whether you mount the soundbar on your wall or place it decoratively on your entertainment unit.
Design Elements of Soundbars for Projectors
When looking for the perfect soundbar to match your big, projected screen it’s important to understand what you’re after.
Ask yourself some questions first, such as “where will I be setting up my projector?” and “How big is the room?”. All of this comes into play when selecting your soundbar.
Projectors are incredibly versatile, so you want a soundbar to match which in turn doesn’t let you down on your sound system preferences.
Projectors can be set up against any white wall, be it inside or outside. With the versatility and movability of a projector, you want a soundbar that is also able to do so.
Additional subwoofers are a great addition to a projector, as you can use it outside without the worry of needing a PowerPoint, meaning great sound follows you no matter where you decided to set up your projector.
Watching a projected film is generally larger than watching on your TV, so the ability to immerse yourself into the film is much greater. A good surround sound system will help bring the movie to life even more. Have yourself and your guests hear sounds coming from all around you as if you were in the movie yourself. Not only movie but also sound quality has be to a perfect experience with your choice of a best soundbar for projector in the market.
How often do you plan to change up the viewing area of your projector? If the answer is often, such as summer nights outside and winter days projected by the fire, then weight may come into play. If you’re moving your projector and soundbar around often, something more lightweight will make this process easier for you, whereas if you plan to set it up in one spot once and for, weight may not be as much of an issue.
Unfortunately, it is not often that you see a colorful soundbar, with almost every option only being black (with the occasional white sprinkled in there too!) What we’re saying here is don’t get your heart set on a hot pink soundbar system, because chances are you won’t find one.
How to Select the right Soundbar for your Projector
Taking it back to the design elements, selecting the right soundbar for you comes down to your viewing wants, and space to do so. Some people love game nights projected onto the wall outside while all their friends race each other in Mario Kart. If this is the main use of your projector and soundbar, you’re probably after one that comes with a gaming mode to enhance the gameplay sound to immerse your friends deeper into the game.
Also, If you’re the type of person who loves horror movies so much you need to watch them projected onto a huge, blank wall a wireless, deep roar-producing subwoofer is much more relevant than gaming mode.
And yeah, If you plan on gathering all your friends and family to watch the season finale of your favorite TV show, enhanced voice and dialogue mode would be more fitting, ensuring that no one misses a word spoken. The ultimate power of a true sound system.
The sizing of your room also needs to be taken into consideration. If you live in a studio apartment, sharing a wall with a neighbor, a subwoofer and rear speakers might not be the best idea. Both for saving space in your apartment and for keeping on friendly terms with your neighbor.
If space and neighbors aren’t an issue for you, then investing in rear speakers and a subwoofer will be an immersive, incredible sound experience you may never be able to come back from!
Maintenance Tips for your Soundbar for Projectors
There isn’t too much in terms of maintenance of your soundbar for your projector.
You should have years of cinematic sound provided if you follow these few simple steps.
Don’t leave your soundbar turned on 24/7. When not in use be sure to turn its power off, both saving your electricity bill, as well as saving your soundbar from burning out.
Cleaning your soundbar isn’t a tricky task either. A simple, soft cloth will do the trick. Dust off your soundbar every now and again to avoid dust build-up and the potential of that getting into the speakers and distorting your sound.
Houses get dusty, so your soundbar will too.
This isn’t something that needs to be done after every use of your sound system, dust is a slow build-up. Incorporate dusting off your soundbar into your cleaning routine when you’re already dusting other items in your house.
Avoid sitting anything heavy on top of your soundbar, in fact, avoid sitting anything at all on top of your soundbar! Keep the area around it clear so it has as much room as possible to create sound to its full potential, with nothing blocking the speakers from any angle. Wireless subwoofers can make for a great ‘coffee table’ as they’re generally flat and wide at the top. Avoid this temptation, and keep it clear.
FAQs – Best Rated Soundbars For Projectors
1. Do I need a soundbar for my projector?
While you don’t need a soundbar for your projector, it will definitely create a better viewing experience. Projectors create a large screen, so having large sound to go along with this will create an immersive, at-home cinema experience. And let’s be honest, who doesn’t want a home cinema or sound system?!
2. Do I need a subwoofer for my soundbar for my projector?
Again, you don’t need a subwoofer, and there are many good-quality soundbars without subwoofers too.
But, it can greatly enhance your experience.
If you’re mainly watching action movies then deep rumbles and bass will do wonders for your viewing pleasures, bringing you more into the movie. If you mainly use your projector to watch sitcoms, then deep bass may not play as much of an intense role as it would watching an action movie.
Think about what you watch the most, and decide whether feeling the bass roar beneath you is something you’re after or not.
3. Which soundbar should I get for my projector?
We can’t make this decision for you, because what you want out of your soundbar will be different from everyone else. Go through all the key features and pros and cons and see which resonates with you the most. Clear, enhanced dialogue may be a lot more appealing to a documentary fanatic, while gaming mode may be a lot more appealing to someone who wants to game every day.
Consider what you’ll be watching with your soundbar and projector and consider the size of the room you’ll be using all of this equipment in. And above all, you should never compromise on sound quality when you hunt for the best.
4. Do I need a projector to use my soundbar?
No, you don’t. Your soundbar will also work perfectly with your TV, making all your movie-watching experience incredible, no matter the size of your screen.
5. Can I control my soundbar and projector from my phone?
This entirely depends on the soundbar you choose. Some have complementary apps that can control the soundbar through your phone, while others are only controllable through a remote. If this is a requirement for you, make sure you pick a soundbar that has this capability.
6. How much does a soundbar for a projector generally cost?
If we were to define a very wide range, we’d suggest something between $50 to $500, depending on what kind of a soundbar you are buying. There are some which can cost up to $1000 as well. However, you can find most of the best soundbars for projectors ranging between $150 to $300, which give you a loud and booming audio that can complement whatever content you are projecting! Always make sure you are setting up a budget before you head to purchase else you might end up spending quite a bit on these soundbars.
7. Where can I buy the best soundbars for projectors?
Soundbars have become quite a common electronic object over the years and you can buy them from practically any store that sells consumer electronics. However, if you want to go through a wide range of options, we’d recommend checking out Amazon because there’s a huge collection of these soundbars out there where you can read all the details and specs, product reviews, and decide for yourself. Furthermore, you can also return the product if you are not happy with your performance. Lastly, Amazon also tends to offer great discounts and deals for buyers.
8. What to consider when buying a soundbar for a projector?
You need to make sure that the kind of sound output that you are getting from the soundbar is good enough to match the content that you are going to watch. Ideally, get one which comes with subwoofers (either built-in or external). You might also want to get something that is compact because people tend to carry their projectors along in some cases and it needs to be ensured that the soundbar can also be carried along. Lastly, the audio clarity needs to be top-notch because there’s no point in watching a movie on a projector if you can’t get clear dialogues from your soundbar!
9. How to place the soundbar for a projector to get the best audio?
Ideally, place the soundbar at least 5 feet away from where you would be sitting to enjoy a proper cinematic experience when using it with a projector. We suggest locating it centrally rather than on the sides, and if you are wall mounting it, make sure that you are placing it in a way that it does not come behind the surface you are going to project on because then your audio will be blocked by that. These are some things that need to be kept in mind while placing the soundbar for a projector.
Pairing a soundbar with your projector will create the most cinema-like experience from home possible. Large screens and surround sound audio will immerse you deeper into the film than you’ve ever been before.
Hear the audio from all around you, like nothing the internal speakers on your TV can deliver.
Change the way you watch your projected films forever, and fall in love with the intense yet incredible audio that can be produced by simply adding a soundbar to your entertainment system.
While we can’t tell you what soundbar is best for you, we can give some recommendations. Our first recommendation would be the Samsung HW-N850 Soundbar as this soundbar gives you everything you need without being too much. You get to experience surround sound coming from 13 different speakers. Both containing up firing and side-firing speakers for ultimate immersion. You can control with Alexa, completely hands-free. It has been crafted by audio masters for the perfect sound. If you’re looking for a soundbar for your projector that isn’t too over the top, then this might just be the one.
If you’re looking for a soundbar with a bit more to it, then we would recommend the Sony HT-G700 3.1 CH Dolby Atmos Soundbar as you still get that surround sound feel you also have the added extra of a subwoofer, providing deep bass to reel you in and make you feel a part of the scene as you feel the rumble.
This soundbar also comes with sound modes, meaning you can easily match your audio perfectly to what you’re watching.
Go through our list, look through the pros, cons, and key features and find what suits you best. Whether that’s deep, booming bass, or a backlit remote for easy use in the dark, there’s something in this list for every projector user who’s after an enhanced audio experience.
So now, without a single thought give a go to the sound quality you dream from your best sound bar.