A home cinema experience is the ultimate in-home entertainment. But what happens when your state-of-the-art small slimline TV doesn’t have the in-built hardware needed to produce the audio quality you require to make the most from watching your favorite movies and music channels?
There are several options available on the market, but many of these have a high price tag, take up too much space, require too much complex installation, or have a spaghetti junction of cables that trail around your living space.
There is a solution to this.
This guide takes the guesswork away and helps you to find high-quality and affordable soundbar speakers that deliver phenomenal results in your home sound experience. Easy to install and easy to set up, as well as being space-saving and design conscious, soundbars deliver that surround sound stereo effect to enhance your viewing and listening enjoyment.
- How to Select the Best Soundbar For Small TV?
- Best Soundbar for Small TV in 2022
- 1. Bose TV Speaker & Soundbar – Freshly Updated Pick By Our Editors
- 2. Samsung All-In-One Soundbar HW-S60A – People’s Choice
- 3. Sony Powerful Mini Soundbar (HT-MT300/B) – For Your Desired Bass Quality
- 4. TCL Alto 6+ 2.1 Channel Dolby (TS6110) – Known For Quality & Performance
- 5. Polk Audio – Signa S2 Soundbar – Perfect Blend of Smooth & Crisp Sound Quality
- 6. Yamaha Soundbar – YAS-109 – For Compatibility with Alexa Voice
- 7. Yamaha Soundbar with Built-In Wireless Subwoofer, Bluetooth, and Alexa Voice – YAS-209BL
- 8. Roku Smart Soundbar with 4K/HD/HDR Streaming Media Player – 9101R
- 9. Sonos Beam Smart TV Soundbar with Built-In Alexa Voice – BEAM1US1BLK
- 10. Bose Soundbar 500 with Built-In Alexa Voice
- 11. Vizio Soundbar, Surround Sound System for TV with Bluetooth – SB290-C6
- 12. Toshiba 2.0 Channel Bluetooth Soundbar TV Speakers – TY-SBX130
- 13. Majority Bowfell Soundbar for Small TV
- 14. Bomaker 50W Portable Outdoor Soundbar – Tapio 1 – For Highest Level of Portability
- Amazing Secondary Features of Soundbar For Small TVs in 2022
- FAQs – Best Soundbars For Small Sized TVs
- 1. What should I check before buying a soundbar for a small TV?
- 2. Is it worth it to buy a soundbar?
- 3. Does higher cost relate to better quality products?
- 4. Will I get a warranty on my soundbar?
- 5. Do only small soundbars work with small TVs?
- 6. Is a subwoofer needed when buying a soundbar for a small TV?
- 7. Where can I find the best soundbars for a small TV?
- 8. How to ensure that the soundbar I am buying will connect to my small TV?
How to Select the Best Soundbar For Small TV?
At first glance, it might appear that most soundbars are similar in their design and functionality, on closer inspection, this might not be the case.
To help you choose one that best suits your needs, here are a few things to consider:
Are you a technology lover? If so, you probably own quite a few devices for playing a variety of different forms of entertainment.
When you buy a soundbar, it will be especially important that you double-check that you can connect all these devices up to it with ease.
So, whether that’s HDMI, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, optical, or aux, look for the soundbar that provides the right mix of available cabled ports or wireless connectivity.
Also, being a modern age user you should also look for alexa and google assistant compatibility when you hunt for the best among bests.
If you have a smaller TV, you may also have a more compact living space. Or it might be a choice to keep your hardware small regardless of available space. But size is a consideration. It is always a good idea to double-check measurements before buying something new.
The right-sized soundbar will be a beautiful addition to your home. And, when your home’s decoration is a thing for you, you should definitely keep it as priority in your best soundbar pick.
- Wireless or Cabled
It depends on whether you want to move your soundbar around perhaps, or maybe you prefer the look of things when they don’t have unsightly cables trailing everywhere.
So, it’s a good idea to think carefully about whether a wireless or cabled soundbar will be best for you. Not just best choice, but also this functionality is something that makes or breaks a soundbar’s probability of considering it as one of the best soundbars among others on the list of curators.
- Standalone or With Subwoofer
If the deep bass tones are what you look for in your audio devices, choose your soundbar carefully because not all of them specialize in catering to this function. Alternatively, you could opt for one that has a separate subwoofer. We must say that we’ve tried and tested multiple soundbars but one with a subwoofer always beat one without it when we weigh it from a sound quality point of view.
A separate subwoofer will more than likely meet your need for powerful and atmospheric bass notes.
- Alexa Compatible
If voice activation technology and access to your Alexa account are important, then looking for this in your choice for a soundbar is a great idea.
In-built Alexa within your soundbar will cut out the need for more devices in your living space.
- Preset Sound Features
If you prefer to have preset sound features set on your soundbar, rather than having to spend time fiddling around trying to get the settings right for your variety of needs, it will be best to choose the product that has this already preset.
With just one click of the remote, you will then be able to instantly change your preference to voice-based, music and movies, or get that big bass sound turned on. These features are usually considered as add-ons but when we look for best soundbar, we should definitely expect it.
Best Soundbar for Small TV in 2022
1. Bose TV Speaker & Soundbar – Freshly Updated Pick By Our Editors
Are you looking for a mini-sized compact soundbar to suit your small TV? Then Bose TV soundbar will not disappoint you!
Small TVs generally deliver low sound effects. Bose TV soundbar is the best choice for increased sound volume and audio effects. You can expect realistic and quality sound with its speakers.
High Bass with class! Even with a small size and compact design this soundbar is equipped to deliver enhanced Bass quality to provide in-depth audio while listening to music and watching movies. For a better theater-quality experience, you can add a wired Bose Bass Module to the soundbar. There is also a Bluetooth button to support a wireless connection.
Dialogues from movies can be heard with high clarity, pronunciation, and elevated vocals. You can switch ON the Dialogue Mode in the soundbar to listen to dialogues in a clear crisp manner.
Compact & Easy to setup
The soundbar can be a cute addition to your Small TV. It comes in a compact size, which can easily fit even in a small room and will be a perfect match for your small-sized TV. It weighs just 5.94 pounds and is easily portable.
You can connect the soundbar easily to the TV through an optical cable that comes along with the package. You can also connect it using an HDMI cable, which has to be bought separately from the shop. If you are using an HDMI cable, then the HDMI-CEC technology will make the soundbar active as soon as the TV is switched ON.
- Color: Black
- Brand: Bose
- Weight: 5.94 pounds
- Speaker type: Soundbar
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Optical cable, HDMI
- Comes with portable weight and a compact design
- The bluetooth facility supports wireless connection for listening to music
- Experience acoustic performance with two drivers
- Comes with a Bass button for extra depth in music
- Good value for money and affordable price
- Takes just a few minutes to set up, supports an HDMI connection
- No Dolby Atmos sound system
2. Samsung All-In-One Soundbar HW-S60A – People’s Choice
This sleek black soundbar from Samsung boasts multi-functionality. You’ll have all the connectivity you need to create just the right audio atmosphere in your home.
With the option of being completely wireless, it’s easy to move between rooms. Or, with the included wall mounting kit, you can fix it exactly where it needs to go to provide your best sound experience.
This five-channel device has seven high-quality speakers inside that include two woofers, a center speaker, a tweeter, and two side horn speakers, this soundbar is capable of a rich and panoramic stereo sound.
It can easily switch between being able to project voices into your living space for watching TV, to immersing you into the world of pure instrumental musicality.
Pair this soundbar with your Alexa account. There’s no need for separate devices which means that you get instant access to your music collection, podcasts, the news, and all your other Alexa functionality.
You can also ask Alexa to increase or decrease the volume on your soundbar simply by asking it to.
There are many other mega features that you should have a look at in this one of the best soundbars for Small Sized TV sets. So, let’s go through each, one by one.
- Brand: Samsung
- Dimensions: 4.9 x 30.1 x 2.7 inches
- Weight: 6.6 pounds
- Model: HW-S60A
- Speaker Maximum Output: 1 Watt
- Color(s): Black or Grey
- You can choose between a completely wireless or cabled setup
- Comes with a Samsung One remote control, which can also control other compatible devices
- Contains Dolby Atmos technology for incredible surround sound
- The voice enhancement feature is perfect for strengthening the ability to hear voices on TV and in movies
- The Spotify Connect function helps you to connect to your favorite music instantly
- Comes with a 1-year warranty from the date of purchase
If you require a subwoofer, you will have to purchase one separately
3. Sony Powerful Mini Soundbar (HT-MT300/B) – For Your Desired Bass Quality
With instantly recognizable Sony quality, this mini Soundbar and Subwoofer have a stylish look to suit your home, as well as the audio power to fulfil your home entertainment needs.
If you have limited space, but you still want that big sound, then this is a good choice. Ohh, let me correct myself; if you want truly immersive sound then go for it.
Full Range of Audio
Despite its diminutive size, this package can handle a full range of tones and volumes with its separate soundbar and subwoofer units.
In the soundbar, the S-Force Pro front surround sound technology can produce amazing cinematic audio from only two front speakers. While the compact but highly effective subwoofer can fit in smaller spaces, like underneath your sofa, without compromising on sound efficacy.
Preset Sound Modes
No need to waste time resetting the device each time you choose between TV and movies or music and concerts. You can easily pick out just the right audio setting for each choice of entertainment with a host of preset sound modes, including sofa mode, night mode, music mode, movie mode, and clear audio.
Well, it’s definitely an overall improvement in sound compared to old aged tv speakers.
- Brand: Sony
- Soundbar Dimensions: 22.3 x 20.6 x 6.1 inches
- Subwoofer Dimensions: 3.74 x 15.08 x 14.37 inches
- Soundbar Weight: 3.1 pounds
- Subwoofer Weight: 10.8 pounds
- Model: HT-MT300/B
- Color(s): Black or Crème White
- The useful USB port enables you to play your favorite music with ease
- The wireless subwoofer provides your home audio with phenomenal bass sounds without messy cables
- You can place both compact soundbar and subwoofer units in a variety of spaces to suit your lifestyle
- With NFC enabled, you can pair your smartphone instantly with one-touch
- Saving power in your home, it has a standby function that automatically activates after 20 minutes of inactivity
- There is no HDMI port preventing you from being able to connect some useful devices
- This soundbar lacks Wi-Fi connectivity
4. TCL Alto 6+ 2.1 Channel Dolby (TS6110) – Known For Quality & Performance
This TCL soundbar and subwoofer package offers a simple but smart design, with an excellent sound enhancement for your home. What’s more, you get all of this at a very affordable price.
It’s compact enough to suit your small home cinema experience, whilst providing a big sound that belies its size. And yeah, with this soundbar you won’t miss your old tv speakers even for a moment, that’s a promise!
With a few great options for connectivity, you will be able to link up your TCL soundbar and subwoofer to your TV and other devices.
You can choose from HDMI cable (not included), optical, and Bluetooth.
And the remote control that comes with the package helps you to make the most from all your connected devices at the push of a button.
Deep Bass Subwoofer
If the need for bass is what you look for in a compact soundbar system, then this is one of the most effective you can buy on the market for a reasonable cost.
Despite the inability to adjust bass levels on this unit, it comes ready-to-play bass into your living space with just the right amount of power and definition to make those action scenes come to life.
Yeah, it’s one of the best soundbars with a built-in subwoofer on the market.
- Brand: TCL
- Dimensions: 34.25 x 13.75 x 10.25 inches
- Weight: 14.7 pounds
- Model: TS6110-NA
- Color(s): Black
- The TCL soundbar is a simple device if you prefer easy to use, plug and play the type of equipment
- The separate soundbar and subwoofer offers the full spectrum of treble and bass ranges
- It features Dolby Digital for a high-quality sound
- It is optimized for Roku TV and can be set up using the Roku TV remote control
- It’s the best soundbar and an excellent value for money
There is minimal sound adjustment with this soundbar, with only three fixed settings – movie, music, or TV
5. Polk Audio – Signa S2 Soundbar – Perfect Blend of Smooth & Crisp Sound Quality
If you’re looking for an especially slim & compact soundbar that still delivers on audio quality, the Polk Signa S2 is just what you’re looking for.
With a sleek black matching design on both the soundbar and wireless subwoofer, you can rest assured that you will have a good-looking solution for the audio needs in your living space or in your bedroom. Yeah, go a step above and beyond to get a truly immersive sound experience.
With plenty of additional features and add-ons, this one becomes one of the best soundbars for TV sets of small sizes. Should we take a look over those features now?
Night Mode Feature
If you’re worried about keeping the rest of the family awake while you watch TV or movies late into the night, this soundbar has a fantastic night mode feature that you can easily turn on at the touch of a button on the remote control.
It lowers the bass and increases the voice for clear effect without raising the overall volume. Perfect for hearing everything without disturbing the whole neighborhood.
The Signa S2 has universal high-end compatibility with your modern TV, with 4K and HD functionality. This provides you with exceptional visual and audio clarity for all movies, TV shows, and more.
So, with your TV device producing crisp and clear visuals, you need the audio to match. This soundbar and subwoofer combo easily comes to the fore on quality.
- Brand: Polk Audio
- Dimensions: 3.22 x 35.43 x 2.15 inches
- Weight: 3.9 pounds
- Model: AM6214-A
- Color(s): Black
- At around 2 inches in height, this soundbar fits easily underneath most small TVs
- The device package comes with HDMI and optical cables so that you don’t have to buy them separately
- The bass volume is adjustable and can be done so via the remote control
- Bluetooth connectivity enables you to instantly pair and stream other audio through your Polk soundbar
- Being one of the best soundbar it can be wall mounted
- This soundbar does not feature Dolby Atmos technology, so the surround sound capability may not be as good as some other brands
6. Yamaha Soundbar – YAS-109 – For Compatibility with Alexa Voice
This beautifully designed soundbar by Yamaha will accent any living space.
With plenty of connectivity and sound options, this device boasts access to a rich plethora of benefits. Well, we look at each minute details when we aim for providing some of the best soundbars for small TV sizes to our lovely readers.
This Yamaha soundbar is perfect for those lacking space, or just wanting one speaker, as it features not one but two built-in subwoofers within its slimline design. For a pleasing surround sound system, you need a capable beast for yourself. Isn’t it?
The high-quality stereo speakers, DTS Virtual:X surround sound, and powerful amp bring you an immersive and powerful sound that will enhance any viewing or listening experience from this best soundbar.
Being Bluetooth ready, this compact soundbar also doubles up as a Bluetooth speaker.
This makes pairing up any other device that has Bluetooth connectivity incredibly easy, giving you a huge array of listening options.
The kinds of tech that may have Bluetooth connectivity are smartphones, laptops, PCs, camcorders, and more.
From home videos to music and podcasts, the possibilities are endless. Won’t you consider it as a smart soundbar when you see such features?
- Brand: Yamaha
- Dimensions: 2.08 x 5.15 x 35 inches
- Weight: 10 pounds
- Model: YAS-109BL
- Color(s): Black
- You can download an app for your smartphone that enables you to control your compact soundbar effortlessly
- It has Clear Voice technology for better dialogue enhancement
- Wi-Fi connectivity provides a huge number of connection possibilities
- Dolby digital like sound experience from an affordable bar for small TVs.
- Easily pair your smartphone, laptop, or tablet with Spotify Connect or Bluetooth
- You will benefit from a free subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited when you purchase this Yamaha soundbar
- The fabric exterior may be somewhat difficult to clean over time
- If you prefer a separate subwoofer you will need to purchase one individually or choose the YAS-209 model instead
The Yamaha YAS-209 is the next up in the range from the YAS-109 reviewed above.
This compact Soundbar in almost every respect, except that it has a separate wireless subwoofer unit, offering an even more impressive deep bass sound. Yeah, a perfect surround sound system is something you’re going to get from Yamaha.
So now, let’s check why it’s been considered among some of the best soundbars for small and compact TV sets?
The Same Excellent Features as the YAS-109
Apart from the wireless subwoofer, you get the same high-quality Yamaha technology as the YAS-109.
The design of the soundbar is a little different, with less fabric over the exterior, and it is also slightly larger in size than the previous model.
- Brand: Yamaha
- Dimensions: 2.44 x 4.29 x 36.6 inches
- Weight: 20 pounds
- Model: YAS-209BL
- Color(s): Black
- Choose from HDMI, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Spotify Connect, ethernet, and optical connection options
- In-built Alexa voice control makes using the device fun and remarkably simple
- Clear Voice mode helps you to hear dialogue audio more clearly
- The soundbar app can be downloaded onto your smartphone for more control over your settings
- You will benefit from a free subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited when you purchase this Yamaha soundbar
- If you lack the space for the separate wireless subwoofer or don’t require the added bass capability, it would be best to consider the Yamaha YAS-109 model
This exceptional soundbar boasts a huge variety of technological capabilities.
It is not just an excellent speaker system but also a streaming media player. It can also pair or connect to just about any other device you can think of, making the range of listening advantages second to none.
So now, forget about those old fashioned TV speakers and bring some advancements in your life with modern era technology that operate via wi fi and other mediums.
Variety of Voice Control Options
Not only do you get Alexa voice control with this soundbar, but you can also set this device up to respond with Siri or Hey Google as well.
That makes this soundbar system really stand out from its competitors if you want an easy-to-use audio device that all the members of the family can operate with an enormous range of functions.
The Roku soundbar features an in-built player with streaming functionality called Roku Originals.
Available on the Roku channel, you will get free access to high-quality 4K, HD, or HDR TV with endless original entertainment that you can’t find anywhere else.
With TV, news, sports, movies, and more, the options are numerous.
- Brand: Roku
- Dimensions: 3.9 x 32.2 x 2.8 inches
- Weight: 5.5 pounds
- Model: 9101R
- Color(s): Black
- 4 full range optimized speakers ensure that you get the best audio experience
- There is a simple set up and installation process that enables you to use this soundbar straight out of the box
- Features a night mode sound setting so that you don’t wake the family or the neighbors
- There are so many ways to connect this soundbar to any device you have: HDMI, USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and optical
- Easily expandable for a complete surround sound home set up
- If you want a subwoofer for those deep bass notes, you can purchase the Roku Wireless Subwoofer (9201R) separately
The Sonos Beam soundbar is a beautifully designed and highly effective soundbar to enhance your living space.
Compact in size, and perfect for your smaller TV, Sonos beam soundbar is easy to use for instant setup straight out of the box.
So now, bring a truly surround sound system home with this Sonos soundbar for small sized TV sets.
Download The App
This soundbar already has voice-activated control as well as a remote control, but if that isn’t enough, you can also download the Sonos Beam app to your iOS or Android smartphone.
The app enables you to pair your smartphone more easily with the soundbar, as well as controlling the sound levels to personalize your listening experience.
Sonos Beam soundbar comes without a subwoofer or surrounds sound, which some might argue is not needed due to the exceptional speakers that come already installed in the Beam.
But fear not, because the Beam is upgradeable. You can purchase the Sonos Beam One SL speakers for surround sound, and the Sonos Sub Gen 3 for subwoofer separately if you want to enhance this system’s capabilities.
And yeah, with such a freedom of selection, it should definitely labeled as a smart soundbar on the market.
- Brand: Sonos
- Dimensions: 25.6 x 2.7 x 3.9 inches
- Weight: 6.35 pounds
- Model: BEAM1US1BLK
- Color(s): Black or White
- There are 5 speakers inside that provide your home with a full range of audio quality, from dialogue to surround sound effects and music
- Compatible with Alexa and Google voice activation technology so you can do many things, including controlling the volume by simply requesting it to increase or decrease
- Backed by Dolby digital for truly immersive sound quality.
- Free software updates keep the soundbar up to date and even better over time
- You can pair your existing TV remote for ease of use
- Comes in either black or white to suit your interior design
- There is no remote control with this soundbar
Bose is well known in the audio technology industry and is synonymous with quality.
This soundbar is a great example of this. It is a very smart, slim, and beautifully designed product that also has a high-quality surround sound.
Yeah, you might get many choices out there when you look for the best soundbar from your favorite shopping platform, but make sure you don’t miss this one from Bose. And yeah, below $300 budget segment, it’s one of the best without a blink.
Dolby Digital Surround Sound
To produce a high-quality surround sound, the Bose soundbar contains Dolby Digital technology (also known as AC-3).
This means that you receive 5 channels of audio that helps you to experience 360 degrees of sound.
You can also purchase Bose surround sound speakers separately to enhance this feature further (model number 809281-1100).
With this being there in your small TV-compatible soundbar you could never miss the surround sound quality of your admiration.
This soundbar features HDMI eARC (or Enhanced Audio Return Channel) connectivity, which means that it has the next generation of technology that boasts a big boost in bandwidth and speed, enabling higher quality audio to be sent between TV and soundbar.
- Brand: Bose
- Dimensions: 4 x 31.5 x 1.75 inches
- Weight: 7 pounds
- Model: 799702-1100
- Color(s): Black
- This soundbar is easily controlled from a distance with the included remote control
- There is also a Bose app that you can download for your smartphone that enables you to pair your device, play music and control your speakers
- This soundbar is also compatible with projectors and smart TVs.
- The matte black finish on the exterior of the soundbar can be easily cleaned
- The ultra-thin exterior, standing only 1.75 inches in height, does not get in the way of any viewing on your TV screen
- With Bose SimpleSync technology, you can pair your Bose noise-canceling headphones with your soundbar for a personal TV experience
- If you prefer a separate subwoofer for deep and resonant bass frequencies, you will have to purchase the Bose Bass Module 500 individually (model number 796145-2100).
The Vizio soundbar is a great product for use with a smaller TV, as well as being a powerful stereo speaker for small to medium-sized living spaces.
This smart soundbar has an ample volume with crystal clear sound that has less than 1% distortion, even at high levels.
So now, we should take a brief look at different features that’s been served by this one of the best soundbars for small TV sizes on the market.
You won’t need to buy any separate cables when you purchase the Vizio small soundbar. Everything you need to get you started comes in the box.
You’ll receive a 3.5mm stereo cable, digital coaxial cable, and a digital optical cable, either of which will give you the ability to plug and play straight away.
Low Sound Distortion
The Vizio soundbar operates at a frequency of between 70Hz to 19kHz, meaning that it is less likely to suffer from sound distortion even at high volumes. Yeah, if you live in an apartment then this soundbar is a great fit for you for some definite reasons.
But considering it can play at 95 decibels, that is usually more than enough for any standard living space.
- Brand: Vizio
- Dimensions: 29 x 3 x 3 inches
- Weight: 4.5 pounds
- Model: SB2920-C6
- Color(s): Black
- Suitable for 32-inch screen TVs and larger
- LED lights on the soundbar unit immediately help you to see how the device is functioning
- The beautiful classic design and slim profile of this product makes it easy to suit your living space without obstructing the view of your TV
- For saving power, this soundbar has a standby mode that automatically switches on after a period of inactivity
- Features a stylish black and silver cuboid shape
- Perfectly balanced sound quality at an affordable price range.
- This device has only two channels or speakers, meaning that it may lack in ambiance over brands that contain more
- It also lacks HDMI connectivity
No products found.
This Toshiba soundbar comes in a beautiful sleek black slimline design, to accent any living space, as well as being a great improvement in Sound bars audio for your small TV.
A good entry-level soundbar product for the budget-conscious – you get a great-sounding speaker that doesn’t have a high-end price tag. Yeah, we’ve considered it among some of the best soundbars and that too in top 12 picks, for a reason. Let’s check those reasons now.
Any Bluetooth-enabled devices can be paired with this soundbar to provide a huge choice of access to other forms of media not generally available through the TV.
Link these devices together very easily and have them recognize each other instantly for any future pairing of music, audiobooks, podcasts, and more.
Choose between optical, aux, USB, and Bluetooth to connect this soundbar to your in-home entertainment devices. And yeah, alexa and google assistant compatibility is an added advantage of connectivity options out there in this sound bar for small TV.
That should provide all the variety in connectivity necessary to gain the most from your speaker system.
- Brand: Toshiba
- Dimensions: 31.5 x 2.4 x 2.4 inches
- Weight: 2.8 pounds
- Model: TY-SBX130
- Color(s): Black
- This soundbar has LED lights on the casing so that you can see what is enabled at a glance
- Sound quality isn’t compromised for the sake of features and additional functionalities.
- Comes with remote control for easier adjustment from the comfort of your sofa
- Can be wall mountable (buy the kit for this separately) or placed on your TV stand
- It is compatible with your iOS or Android smartphone for playing your favorite music and much more
- Features a slimline casing which is ideal if you have a small low-profile TV
- Cables are not included and will have to be purchased separately
- The remote control is relatively small, so could be challenging to use if you have large hands
When you’re looking for a soundbar for a small TV, the first thing you’ve got to consider is the size of the sound bar itself. People who are using a small TV are often watching it in a small room too, and hence the soundbar also needs to be compact and loud, but not the kind that has other rooms being impacted by its loudness. The Majority Bowfell soundbar passes all these tests and is one of the best soundbars for a small TV. Besides, it is also one of the cheapest and the most inexpensive soundbars that you can find in the markets!
Design and Audio Quality
Let us begin by talking about the two things that make this one of the best soundbars for small TV owners. First, it is compact and can be kept anywhere, and secondly, it delivers a great audio performance. In the design front, the soundbar is very slim and can be kept anywhere you want – making it great for places with small living areas. The exact dimensions of this soundbar from Majority are 38.8cm x 5.4cm x 7.2cm and it weighs only 1.5kg. Just the perfect size and weight combination that you’d need to along with a small TV!
The soundbar comes with a customizable equalizer, which allows you to either use three set equalizer modes (Rock, Jazz or Flat), but if you aren’t really happy with it, you can adjust the settings to get the kind of audio you want! You can even connect USB devices to this soundbar to play audio out of them. There are five different ways in which you can play your music – via USB connections, Bluetooth, AUX connections, Optical cables and RCA cables. We shall discuss more on this in the next segment.
To make things even better, this soundbar comes packed in with a subwoofer along with two stereo speakers. The subwoofer gives you the right kind of a thump and delivers a rather ‘cinematic’ sound experience which makes it better than most regular Bluetooth speakers. The presence of a subwoofer at this price in itself is one of the biggest reasons which draws people towards the soundbar.
One of the first things about this soundbar from Majority is that it provides a large number of connectivity options. You can connect this to your small TV with ease, but you can also connect it to practically any device that supports bluetooth, RCA, optical connections or AUX connectivity. This is one of the best mini soundbars which delivers a 50W output.
One of the benefits of having a soundbar is that you can connect it to all your devices which are capable of playing audio. This includes your phones and tablets as well. Since the Majority Bowfell soundbar comes with bluetooth support, you can connect your smartphones to it, even if they do not have the 3.5mm port. For devices that do have this port, connecting it is even easier – simply using the AUX cable. The AUX cable is pre-included with the device, and so is the RCA cable. This is great because you don’t have to buy them separately.
This is a remote-controlled soundbar, and you can increase or decrease the volume, adjust the bass and treble, and use some pre-sets such as dialogue mode, music mode and movies mode using the remote. You can also adjust the equalizer settings using the remote. Another benefit of using this mini soundbar is that it functions as a great device not only for a small TV, but for a small projector as well. If you have a portable projector that you carry around, you can actually connect it with the soundbar using AUX or bluetooth and get the audio running from here.
This soundbar comes with a lot of connectivity options, packs in a subwoofer, an equalizer, and comes from a brand that is still rising up the ranks. However, apart from these key factors, there’s one more thing that buyers often consider while buying a soundbar – the price. Price tends to be an important factor because generally there’s no upper limit to the cost of these devices, and you can find them in the range of $50-$250 in most cases. This soundbar, however, goes even below the average minimum prices and is usually priced at around $40, making it a great option for anyone looking for a good sound bar which does not cost as much!
Summing up – if you are looking for one of the best soundbars for small tv, don’t want to shell too much money out, this is the one to go for! You also get bluetooth connectivity and a subwoofer inside it, which is really incredible at the sub-$50 price point. Do give this a shot.
- Brand: Majority
- Dimensions: 38.8cm x 5.4cm x 7.2cm
- Weight: 1.5 kg
- Model: Bowfell
- Color: Black
Pros and Cons of Majority Bowfell Soundbar:
- Compact and can be carried around with ease
- The subwoofer delivers quite the cinematic sound effect
- Remote-controlled device – easy to adjust volumes and settings
- Comes with an RCA and AUX cable pre-included
- Priced at a rather low price point
- Got to be careful with the remote, it is rather delicate
14. Bomaker 50W Portable Outdoor Soundbar – Tapio 1 – For Highest Level of Portability
No products found.
Although the Bomaker Tapio 1 soundbar is compact, don’t underestimate it because it still packs a punch in the sound department.
Built for power and versatility, this device has all the functionality that you’ll need either at home or away from it. Well, why to miss your favorite tv shows due to disturbing sound when Bomaker is ready to solve your problem?
So now, let’s take a look at some of the pleasing and mind blowing features of one of the best soundbars on the market for small Television sets.
Indoors and Outdoors
This Bomaker soundbar is quite unique because it can be used indoors as well as outdoors.
Being light and robust, it can be easily moved around and carried to a variety of places and spaces. Perfect for when you’re entertaining in the garden.
Despite not having a separate subwoofer, this soundbar can still manage a rich and deep bass sound to great effect.
The built-in passive bass radiator speakers are specially designed to provide this device with exceptional bass sounds, so you won’t need to buy a separate subwoofer.
It’s best suited if you aim for audio clarity from your soundbar as it comes with built-in audio enhancing capabilities.
- Brand: Bomaker
- Dimensions: 16.14 x 3.97 x 2.7 inches
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Model: Taipo 1
- Color(s): Black
- Three ready to use sound modes – general, voice, and treble – help you find just the right effects at the touch of a button
- Has plenty of connectivity options with Bluetooth, optical, AUX, and USB
- Wireless option for easy portability
- Built-in DSP helps to make the vocals clearer and the sound more 3D
- One of the most compact soundbars if you are low on space
- The remote control is small with the buttons close together, which might be tricky to use if your hands are on the larger side
Amazing Secondary Features of Soundbar For Small TVs in 2022
When we think of a soundbar, we think of a speaker that’s suitable for use alongside a TV or home cinema system. That’s its primary feature. But there are many secondary features of soundbar products that we can benefit from if we know what they are and what they do.
With technology improving all the time, devices are becoming multi-functional. If you can buy one product that improves and enhances your quality of life in a myriad of ways, then that might be an optimal choice. Yeah, alexa and google assistant is one example of such easing life kind of ways.
The secondary features are the extra abilities those soundbars might have to give them the edge over other brands or models. Yeah, by extra we mean, those abilities which were never available in our ordinary TV speakers choices.
There might be hidden abilities that aren’t obvious at first glances, such as voice control programs like Alexa, or being able to pair your smartphone to your soundbar by tapping it lightly on the casing.
Or there might be more functions such as a better variety of connectivity options, preset sound modes, impressive surround sound, bigger power output, and many more.
Whilst the mind can boggle at all the possibilities, it really is down to you to decide on whether any of the secondary features provide greater efficacy for you, or whether they are too gimmicky.
More or secondary options don’t mean that the soundbar needs to compromise on sound quality. So, you can rest assured that you can have one device with a variety of great functions, whilst benefiting from high-quality audio in the comfort of your home.
And most importantly, don’t forget to look for design elements when you’re on a hunt for finding one of the best soundbars for your small sized TV set.
Design Elements of Soundbar Products
Even though most soundbars on the market are of similar design, with long thin housing to fit beneath a flat-screen TV more easily, if you are already low on space or prefer to keep your entertainment devices compact and unobtrusive, you do need to carefully choose the soundbar that best fits your living space effectively.
Soundbars with separate subwoofers are especially important if a powerful bass range is paramount to your listening experience. Measuring your available space so that you can decide which product will work best in your home is key. Subwoofers can be bulky, but most of the units that come with the soundbars that are suitable for smaller TVs have kept their designs a reasonable size. Check the dimensions to see whether it would fit beneath your sofa, or alongside it on the floor. Yeah, these things are a must for balanced sound quality in a sound bar.
Wall mountable soundbars are the perfect solution if you want to install the unit next to or underneath your wall-mounted TV and simply leave it there to do what it does best.
Size and profile are important things to consider when choosing your soundbar. Some makes and models claim to be of a slimline design, making them ideal for tight spaces or low TVs. The last thing you would want is for your soundbar to occlude your viewing experience due to not checking your available space before purchase.
Maintenance Tips of Soundbar Product
Always follow the manufacture’s instructions for maintaining and cleaning your soundbar.
But generally, you can follow these tips to keep your device in top condition:
- Keep your soundbar dry and away from moisture
- Protect it from extremes in temperature
- Be careful not to knock or drop your device
- Do not use harsh chemicals or cleaning products on your product
- Contact the manufacturer customer services or helpdesk if there is a fault or issue
FAQs – Best Soundbars For Small Sized TVs
1. What should I check before buying a soundbar for a small TV?
Check that you have measured your available space so that you can find the soundbar product that best suits your environment.
Also check the connectivity and compatibility of your small TV with what can be achieved on the soundbar, to ensure that they can be installed and paired effectively.
If you are going to choose the wireless option, make sure you also buy spare batteries for your new soundbar.
2. Is it worth it to buy a soundbar?
The answer to that is subjective, but with the speakers in modern slimline TVs becoming less capable of providing adequate audio quality to get the best effect from your entertainment, many people are discovering their best soundbar devices to be invaluable.
Having the ability to listen, not only to your TV for shows and movies but to be able to use your soundbar to listen to your favorite music, documentaries, sports channels, podcasts, audiobooks, and more, the versatility of many of the soundbar products make them extremely worth buying.
3. Does higher cost relate to better quality products?
Not necessarily, no. It is important to choose the right soundbar for your home, and to a budget that you can afford. The most expensive soundbar might not always provide what you want. There are many affordable low cost but highly effective products on the market. Choose the soundbar that has the features and functions that you need.
4. Will I get a warranty on my soundbar?
Most new soundbar products come with at least a 1-year warranty. Some may have 2 years. If this is important to you, do check before purchasing or before considering a soundbar as a best soundbar.
5. Do only small soundbars work with small TVs?
No, this isn’t necessary. However, generally, people who use small TVs do it because they want to use them in smaller rooms. If you have a small TV in a big room, you might as well go for a bigger speaker. Smaller TVs are generally used as a space-saver as they can be placed almost anywhere without occupying a big area. While people who want to save space go for smaller soundbars, there’s absolutely no correlation between the size of the TV and the size of the soundbar.
6. Is a subwoofer needed when buying a soundbar for a small TV?
It is always great to have a subwoofer because it gives your bass a little extra boost and gives you the kind of thump that you need to get a truly cinematic experience in your home. However, it is not a compulsion to have a subwoofer in your soundbar. If you get it within your budget, that’s great, but even if you don’t, it should be OK as you would get a decent sound output. There’s no compulsion on having a subwoofer.
7. Where can I find the best soundbars for a small TV?
You can buy soundbars from practically any store that sells electronic consumer goods these days because they are pretty common. However, if you are looking for something specific – you might want to check Amazon because you get a very large range of products over here. Besides that, Amazon also offers better discounts and easier returns when compared to your neighborhood store. However, just for the sheer range of variety and the number of products listed there, you should totally check out Amazon.
8. How to ensure that the soundbar I am buying will connect to my small TV?
Check the kind of connectivity options that your soundbar offers, and then check whether your TV supports that kind of connectivity. Not all TVs support bluetooth or optical connections, but most TVs support AUX connections. However, different TV models have different connection needs – so first check how your TV connects to devices and then find devices that can connect to your TV that way. Once you know that your TV and your soundbar are compatible with each other, then go for it.
A good soundbar can enhance your home lifestyle to great effect.
At a time when many are spending more and more time at home, when there are greater numbers of streaming entertainment options, concerts are going online, and you can now choose to watch cinema release movies in the comfort of your own living space, the concept of having high-quality sound capability has never been more important.
Whether you want to be able to hear every song and word of that weekend family movie marathon with your children, you love to pick out every note of that aria in your favorite opera, or you’re having some friends over to watch the football, the right soundbar can make those experiences exceptional and memorable for everyone present.
We hope that whatever the reason is for wanting a soundbar for your small TV set up, that you now have all the information you need to make an informed decision.
Thank you for reading this guide and for giving us the opportunity to help you make the right decision when it comes to finding the soundbar that is right for your home.